Studio de la Paloma Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Venus Gets a Dress



Today, I gave Venus a pink cloud gown, painted Mars' trumpet, which you can barely see in this shot, detailed Mercury a bit, also hard to see here. I forgot to take a close up picture because I was talking to one of the other artists at the time -- distracted.

You can see, I roughed in Jupiter (on the rainbow). I still haven't decided on how to handle Saturn. I've got a couple of ideas but not sure which way I'll go with him. I need to go to a music store and look at a saxaphone from different angles.

By the time I get back to this painting after Thanksgiving, it should be dry enough to work on Uranus's waterfall and create the mist for Neptune. I hope so anyway. I used Viridian for her dress and Irridescent White mixed with Titanium White. Those colors may take some time to dry.

All in all, it was a good two days of painting.

3 Comments:

  • It's looking good. I cant get over that you do all these in oils.

    By Blogger Janets Planet, at 5:12 PM  

  • I can't help myself. I love oils. I don't mind the clean up either. It gives the painting session a benediction of sorts. Kind of a "go in peace" moment or two as I clean my brushes.

    By Blogger Kate, at 7:18 PM  

  • Hi Kate -
    Thanks for checking out my new blog! Looks like working at the Hilbert studio has really given you room to stretch! The new stuff is wonderful!!! Hope to see you soon -
    Terry

    By Blogger Terry Stanley, The Art Lady, at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home