Studio de la Paloma Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Creativity and the Good Listener

For the better part of this morning I've been working on layouts for my next three paintings. In doing so, it occurred to me that many of my ideas have geminated from bits of conversations that may or may not have been about art, specificially, but, more to the point, have sparked an idea that resulted in a painting or even developed into a series of paintings. And thinking further, it hasn't been strictly conversations but also music lyrics, book passages, and whatever else has come my way along the communication highway I'm traveling.

I must get back to what I'm doing, which is the beginning of three, 30 inch square paintings focusing in on a close-up of an object and the shadow it casts. With any luck, the paintings will be more exciting than the description.

2 Comments:

  • 3 paintings, same object?

    By Blogger Janets Planet, at 12:57 PM  

  • The thought is same object, 3 ranges of distance. Another thought is same object, 3 views. We'll see.

    By Blogger Kate, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home